This Privacy Statement explains how Dreamatic collects and manages your personal data. It contains information on what data we collect, how we use it, why we need it and how it can benefit you.
Contact us at [email protected] if you have any queries and comments, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights.
This privacy statement was last updated on September 14, 2019.
Basic principles and our privacy commitment
At Dreamatic we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We aim to protect any personal data we hold, to manage your personal data in a responsible way and to be transparent in our practices. Your trust is important to us. We have therefore committed ourselves to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide any personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with some services or products;
- We only collect and process your data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for specific purposes that we share with you and/or that you have consented to;
- We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we do collect your personal data, we aim to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect varies depending upon the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you.
Generally, we may collect the following types of personal data from you directly:
- Personal contact data, such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- Account login details, such as your user ID, e-mail username and password. This is necessary to create a personal user account on our website;
- Communications with us, which may include details of our conversations via online chat;
- Demographic information, such as your age and gender and lifestyle preferences. Lifestyle preferences may include your preference for some of the products we offer, and your interests related to those products;
- Browser history, such as pages accessed, date of access, location when accessed, and IP address;
- Payment information for purchases made on one of our online shops. Payment information generally relates to your billing name, billing address and payment data, such as your credit card details or bank account number.
- Social media profiles;
We may also collect personal data about you indirectly when:
- you share content on social media pages, websites or applications related to our products or in response to our promotional material on social media; or
- we read or collect personal data about you by reading information collected by other websites (for instance, we may place an ad on a third party website, and when you click on that ad, we may receive information about you and other website visitors in order to measure the reach and success of that ad).
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect your personal data so we can provide you with the best online experience and to provide you with a high quality of customer service. In particular we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes: